Saturday, July 16, 2011

Aspiration

I figured I wanted an exquisite Monday few weeks ago. So I opted to have a brainstorming evening with the First Man.


.  .  .  .


An evening with the Prime Minister, in collaboration with Young Corporate Malaysians (YCM).




Since the main highlights (well as you can see in the pictures), the night was all about economy. I just had to do some checking with my brain if it could recall the word of macro and micro economics. Please-lah, the least I could do was to look least like a lost bimbo.There were like a thousand of young knowledgeable lads for God sake! 

If it happens to be a person asking me,"So you think we could reverse the CPI and inflation index by implementing some relevant fiscal policy?"

"Hmm, it's certainly not impossible, let me get back to you on that". 
Halimunan-kan diri sendiri disebalik pasu pokok




There he was, the current First Man of Malaysia; Najib. Originally the idea was for him to elaborate and answering questions regarding the Economic Transformation Programme (ETP) and New Economic Model (NEM). I was expecting a very technical lecture; analyzing GDP and GNI towards achieving the targeted annual growth, why domestic investment was crushed since 1997 crisis, how the NEM or ETP could create a surplus in our economy, bla bla bla. Seriously I thought it's going to be a serious one I even cursed myself for forgetting my calculator.

But to my surprise, it was not an economically night at all. In fact there were lots of sense of humor and laughter. His speech was short and sweet, followed by numerous questions by the eager young adults.




Uh-uh, they're certainly eager. Each corner was full house with their curious minds and Najib tried to provide the best solutions for their concerns. It was certainly a refreshing sight to see, and was certainly intimidated by how the Gen Y audiences were really participating. 

Among the questions being raised and the solutions given:
1) Imported cars price to be deducted: Give me some ideas on how to get the revenue,then we can do this.
2) The next general election date. I am clueless myself.
3) Below 40 years old to be a Parliament members. Haha, will be considering that. 
4) Standardization of schools to promote unity (SRK,SJKC,etc) We have Sekolah Wawasan to achieve that purpose

and bla bla bla, many more. 

.  .  .  .

My presence there was truly for exposure purpose, and mostly for the fact that the targeted audiences was meant for young adults. Below 30 only dudes, Uncles and Aunties please give us chance-lah. I mean, which talk on economy that will draw such attention from people like us? 

Well apart from having a brilliant night, the only thing I wanted after I left the building was just a freaking good night sleep. Zzzzzzzz.