Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What's Cookin' ?

Imagine your house lights asking you,
"Hey,you left us on. Since no one is at home, can we turn ourselves off?"

You might drop your jaw on the ground.

I know I would. I mean come on,how cool it is knowing that there's an interaction between you and your lamps right?

Bunyi agak gila cakap dengan tiang lampu, tapi mari kita menjadi optimis
.  .  .  . 
Sweden is known as the most innovative country in EU. Clearly I have no doubt on that, since people keep storming into IKEA store just to buy a freaking Grandpa's chair which you can get it somewhere else. Practicality and simplicity, thats why. And yes, the meatballs, Daim cakes, caramel, chicken wings, biscuits, currypuff....right I better stop myself. See how Sweden tackled us even with food!

Kau bukan nak cerita pasal karipap disini


Not to forget the contribution of Ericsson to our telecommunication industry. Right, I babbled so much I've forgotten my purpose. The highlight here is that the innovation of Sweden who are best known for being such a super-environmentalist, has invented another system which still applies their famous simple-yet-practical principle.

Introducing their latest brainchild, The Social Web of Things (TSWOT)a brilliant device that allow the systems to communicate with each other. Strictly no human, this is their own social network.


.
  Ericsson research engineer Marcus Gardman showcasing The Social Web Of Things
Image by TheStar.com.my


Mind you that this will be something like:

Television: Yaw Ms.Fanny, please stop swirling around. You're driving me nuts.
Fan         : Mr.Tivi, apparently thats my job. You should shut yourself up, you're sucking more kilowatt.
Television: I'm entertaining. And you're certainly not.
Fan         : bla bla bla bla
*Pardon me, this is only my wild imagination

The technology has growing so rapidly that even your gadget will have their own cliques, to monitor their own  functions and purposes. You just have to say "Yes" or "No", acting like one big boss to the heartless machines.

Right now, TSWOT is still in conceptual stage. I just can't wait to get home and ask my microwave, "What's cookin yaw'? ".




*Original story from The Star, 3rd May 2011